January 30, 2012

Praying to God for Strength…

I’ve been working on the lists of those that have been murdered due to Domestic Violence…  This is sometimes very hard to do, to see all the names of those that didn’t make it out, especially when it’s a list of a Mother with children…

I’m working on 1997 list atm, and just came across Turan  Avanesian and her 6 children, ages ranging from 4-17, all gone, none of them made it through….  It hurts, it makes me angry, it makes me cry, it makes me disgusted that this still happens!  How anyone can say that Domestic Violence doesn’t affect children???  All of us that have been through it or are going through it and have children know that it does!  But these, these paid the ultimate price….

I pray that God gives me the strength to go through these lists…  It hurts, it is disturbing, but I do feel that it is needed, and feel in my heart that I’m doing the right thing by putting them up and connecting them to those that have pages up and information about their loved ones that they want to share.  I pray for those that have lost their loved ones due to Domestic Violence, I pray for their healing, and that they know God is still there, as hard as that can sometimes be to see.  I also pray while going through these lists that those that are in Domestic Violence situations right now stay safe, and get out alive!  I don’t want to see these names on the lists, I don’t want to see families wiped out by an abuser!  Such a senseless act…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment