December 27, 2011

Our Time Together

I have been reading the study plan called Lifetime Daily Devotions, and want to share what today’s was.  I think it’s so relevant and important, and pray that it’ll help bring some closer to a true relationship with God.  He is there, He is available at all times to talk too, He does care, and He wants us to reach out towards Him and enter into a deeper relationship with Him!
Set up your own reading plan at: http://www.youversion.com
http://www.youversion.com/reading-plans/lifetime-guarantee-devotional/9

Galatians 4:6  6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Our Time Together
Hosea 6:3  So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord. His going forth is as certain as the dawn, And He will come to us like the rain, Like the spring rain watering the earth.
Lord, I want to talk with You this morning.
The verse says that Your "going forth" is as certain as the dawn, so I'm confident that You're here with me. And this bare winter ground is ready to drink in the early rain with a soft, pliable heart--and with her face upturned.

Your Word tells me that You know my every thought, so You must be available to me. You're ready to converse with me on a lot of subjects that no one knows about except You--very personal, very deep subjects that I wouldn't want to share with anyone else. You know what I'm thinking. You know what I would like to say but can't. You know why I'm hesitant to bring up certain thoughts. You know me.
The question I'm concerned about is this: Am I available to You? Do I know You well enough to talk with You?

Well, Your Word is You. Your thoughts, written down. But sometimes You place a distinct thought between the lines and say to me, "Do you understand this verse, Anabel? Let Me explain it to you." Or, "Can You see this from My perspective?"

Sometimes You draw a mental picture for me that opens a file I had never thought of opening, making a passage relevant to me and to my world--now. How I love for You to do that . . . and I start cross-referencing, probing, finding out what Your thoughts are about the subject, getting to know You a little better.

I really don't want to spend our time together telling You about all my problems and making suggestions as to how You should take care of them. You know my needs before I even ask.

No, this time is just for You and for me. I want to know You, Lord. I want to be able to converse with You on some of Your favorite topics. Please talk to me. I love being with You and listening to Your voice.

And thank You, Lord Jesus, for making this awesome, powerful, infinite, all-knowing God an approachable Father.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite part of this whole reading:

    "I really don't want to spend our time together
    telling You about all my problems and making suggestions as to how You should take care of them. You know my needs before I even ask."

    I have felt this way many times... that there was no use in praying if all I was going to do is complain and attempt to tell God how to do His job... lol These passages and the Additional Content provided really makes sense to me, and I'd encourage others to really read this and think on it and what it is saying to YOU!

    ReplyDelete