July 26, 2015

Meaningful Message from For King & Country…

Last night my family and I went to the Delaware State Fair and had the privilege to go to the concert of For King & Country and Casting Crowns with some wonderful friends from church along with our Pastor and his family.

For those of you that have seen either of these groups in concert I don’t have to tell you that they are AWESOME!!!  For those that haven’t, you have got to go and see them!  They are worth your time and definitely worth the ticket price, and great for your family and group to attend!  The groups give you such an uplifting it’s incredible!

To give them praise, although they truly deserve it, isn’t why I wanted to write tonight.  I wanted to share something that Joel from For King and Country said that truly touched me and really has much to do with what Le Chrysalis is all about.

I wish I could quote word for word, and if anyone has a video of him speaking these words please please please share!!!!  I’ll do my best to share from my poor excuse of what I call my memory…

Joel called out to the men in the audience after sharing what For King and Country meant, why they named themselves what they did.  The nights of old, shivery and the like.  Old Will Wallace…had the men go “Ha!”  Poor guys! lol

Then he got serious.  Told the women that they deserved to be treated with respect.  “Ladies, do not let your boyfriend or husband dishonor you.  You should be honored and respected as princesses.  Men, you need to respect and honor your girlfriend or wife and we need to get on top of this situation.”  Joel shared that the band members believed strongly in family.

Ok, I wrote the above with the help of my daughter and my fiancé so please forgive if not the exact wording, but the meaning is clear.  They have drawn the line, and Le Chrysalis truly applauds them for this!

If we as Christians cannot get a handle on the abuse and domestic violence that is running rampant even within our own church congregations…how are we to expect to make a dent in the abuse and domestic violence that non-Christians are going through?

The lines are drawn…and we for one are accepting For King and Country’s challenge and feel that it is a conformation on what God has been laying on our hearts for some time now…it’s time to truly challenge Christians to take a stand against the abuse and domestic violence that is not only happening in our communities, but is happening in our churches as well.

Thank You For King and Country for using your unique positions to help get this message out!!  Us Survivors of Domestic Violence and Abuse truly Thank You and God Bless each and every one of you and your families and safe travels!

~Angel Hugs~

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment